Tbilisi is among the most stunning cities I’ve traveled in. There are such a lot of locations to go to in Tbilisi and the town has a lot to supply to each type of traveler and vacationer. The vibes and the historical past is remarkably fascinating. And the tradition of Georgians is actually one thing to understand and adore. On this publish, I’ll record down the highest 10 locations to go to in Tbilisi.
PIN for later reference
This text could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For full info, please see our affiliate disclaimer right here.
Based within the fifth century by Vakhtang I of Iberia, Tbilisi is the capital metropolis of the nation of Georgia. The town was previously generally known as Tiflis and is positioned on the banks of River Kura. Tbilisi identify is derived from Previous Georgian phrase t’bilisi or tpili, which implies heat. This identify was given to the town due to the sulphuric scorching springs that’s discovered within the space.
Tbilisi experiences 4 seasons.
- Summer time – June to August are the summer time months in Tbilisi the place the climate is dry and scorching. The temperature varies between 20 to 25 levels centigrade. These months are additionally essentially the most crowded season in Tbilisi.
- Winter – November to March are the colder months the place January is the coldest. The temperature is in single digits the place it additionally goes to a low of -1 levels centigrade.
- Spring – March to Could are the spring months the place you’ll be able to benefit from the good climate with out dealing with the 2 excessive weathers.
- Autumn – September to November are the autumn months. In Tbilisi, you’ll be able to see the autumn colors and the temperature drops beneath 20 levels centigrade.
The very best time to go to Tbilisi is round Could, June or September so you’ll be able to get pleasure from a pleasing climate.
Learn how to get to Tbilisi?
- Fly – Tbilisi has a global and home airport. The worldwide airport has connectivity from all main cities all over the world. I traveled by Air Arabia which had a transit cease over at Sharjah.
- Intercity journey in Georgia – There are frequent trains and buses between the cities in Georgia. You’ll be able to verify TKT web site for routes, availability, fares, timings and reserving.
Transportation inside Tbilisi
The general public transport is sweet in Tbilisi and beneath are the 2 methods you’ll be able to commute throughout the metropolis.
- Metro – Tbilisi has two metro strains. And these metro strains join 23 stations and so they function between 6 AM and 12 AM on a regular basis. The price of a method in a metro is 1 Georgian Lari.
- Buses – Tbilisi has many frequent buses that join between completely different components of the town. The price of a method in a bus is 1 Georgian Lari.
You might want to buy Journey Card for two Georgian Lari at any metro station. That is used to pay for the metro and Rike-Narikala cable automobile. For buses, you’ll be able to both use the Journey Card or money.
Keep in Tbilisi
Musmore boutique lodge
In case you are in search of a budgeted lodge near the town centre, then Musmore boutique lodge is ideal. Situated conveniently close to the Liberty sq., Musmore boutique lodge is a cute and value lodge with small rooms and an inhouse restaurant. The employees are additionally very pleasant and also you do really feel like residence at this lodge.
Sheraton Grand Tbilisi Metechi Palace
Situated within the previous city of Tbilisi, Sheraton Grand Tbilisi Metechi Palace by Marriott is an expensive 5 star lodge with wealthy heritage historical past. That is the lodge to remain if you wish to be pampered with nice service and a room with wonderful views of Tbilisi.
Cash trade and ATMs
Georgian’s foreign money is Georgian Lari however Euros are additionally accepted all through the town. Tbilisi has many cash trade centres and ATMs, that are unfold all through the town and previous city. The cash trade suppliers do settle for all main currencies reminiscent of USD and Euros.
- The cash trade centres do settle for Indian Rupees however the trade fee from Indian Rupees to Georgian Lari at these cash trade centres may be very excessive. And therefore, it’s higher to keep away from getting the Indian Rupees exchanged as you’ll incur loss.
- At ATMs, you’ll be able to withdraw cash in USD or Georgian Lari. The trade fee at these ATMs depend upon the financial institution credit score or debit card that you just use.
- Be aware there are one thing known as as Pay machines in Tbilisi the place you should buy transportation playing cards and different providers that look similar to ATM machines.
Tbilisi metropolis may be very relaxed with the costume codes. You’ll be able to put on any garments within the metropolis. However whenever you enter any spiritual centres reminiscent of church buildings, you must observe some costume code:
- Ladies must cowl their heads and put on a skirt (extra like a sarong). These skirts and scarves are supplied on the entrance of the church buildings.
- Males ought to take away any hats or caps.
- All ought to put on applicable full clothes.
10 locations to go to in Tbilisi
In case you are a type of who love exploring a metropolis by stroll, then learn self-guided Tbilisi strolling tour to discover a few of these wonderful landmarks by stroll at your individual tempo.
Freedom or Liberty sq.
Situated within the centre of Tbilisi metropolis, Freedom or Liberty sq. is the location of assorted mass and public demonstrations. Previously identified by many alternative names reminiscent of Erivansky sq.beneath Imperial Russia, and Beria or Lenin Sq. beneath Soviet Union, Liberty sq. was additionally the location of 1907 Tiflis financial institution theft. At the moment, the sq. is surrounded by many workplaces, cafes, eating places and banks, together with Tbilisi metropolis meeting.
Situated on Rustaveli Avenue, the Rustaveli Nationwide theatre is the biggest and one of many oldest theatres in Georgia. Based in 1887 as Artists’ Society, the theatre has three phases to host performances, conferences and occasions.
Chronicles of Tbilisi
One of many wonderful locations that I visited in Tbilisi was the Chronicles of Tbilisi. Created in 1985 by Zurab Tsereteli, the Chronicles of Tbilisi is a monument with 16 pillars showcasing the 3000 years previous Georgian historical past and the tales from the lifetime of Christ. The bets time to go to the Chronicles of Tbilisi is at sundown.
Bridge of Peace
Opened in 2010, the Bridge of Peace is a bow formed pedestrian bridge stretching over Kura River. Product of metal and glass, the bridge stretches for 150 metres and was created to remind of a marine animal. Among the many locals, the bridge has been nicknamed as “All the time Extremely” due to its perceived resemblance to a women maxi-pad.
Mom of Georgia
Erected in 1958, the Mom of Georgia was put in to have a good time Tbilisi’s 1500th anniversary. Often known as Kartvlis Deda, the Mom of Georgia symbolises Georgian nationwide character. She holds a bowl of wine on her left hand to greet the individuals who come as pals and holds a sword on her proper hand to struggle the individuals who come as enemies.
Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi
Constructed just lately between 1995 and 2004, the Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi is among the largest spiritual buildings on the earth. Generally generally known as Sameba, the church is an Japanese Orthodox cathedral which is designed in a standard Georgian type.
- Church timings: 8 AM to 10 PM on a regular basis.
Tbilisi wine museum
Do you know that wine will be ready in two methods, one the Georgian type and the opposite European type? And the Georgian type is the oldest type of creating wines courting again to greater than 8000 years and is a UNESCO intangible cultural heritage.
Tbilisi wine museum holds that 8000 years of wine historical past and demonstrates the vessels and different artefacts utilized in making Georgian wine and chacha.
- Museum timings: 12 PM to eight PM Tuesday to Sunday. Mondays are closed.
Relationship again to the 4th century, Narikala Fortress is an historic fortress consisting of two walled sections. The complicated additionally has a church that was just lately inbuilt 1996. Based on the legend and historical past, the fortress was constructed by the founding father of Tbilisi, King Vakhtang I Gorgasali.
- Fortress timings: 8 AM to eight PM on a regular basis.
Tbilisi Open air museum of Ethnography
Based in 1966, Tbilisi Open air museum of Ethnography is an open-air museum. The museum is called after Giorgi Chitaia, it shows the artefacts of people structure and craftwork.
- Museum timings: 10 AM to six PM Tuesday to Sunday. Mondays are closed.
Initially constructed within the sixth and seventh centuries, Sioni Cathedral is an Orthodox cathedral. The church is an instance of medieval Georgian church structure and it bears the identify of Mount Zion at Jerusalem.
- Church timings: 8 AM to 9 PM on a regular basis.
Security for solo feminine vacationers
I discovered Tbilisi to be very secure for solo feminine vacationers. It is among the most secure cities I’ve traveled in. The individuals thoughts their very own enterprise and I didn’t face any points in any respect. Nevertheless, like some other metropolis on the earth, be cautious and know your environment.
Are you new to solo feminine touring? Or do you’ve numerous questions on solo touring? Learn steadily requested questions (FAQ) on solo touring.
There are such a lot of locations to go to in Tbilisi which makes the town so fascinating and delightful. It’s the metropolis that caters for all types of vacationers, together with the historical past and cultural vacationers. I had a stunning time in Tbilisi and I want to return once more to the town in the course of the summer time season.
Have you ever been to Tbilisi? Which of those locations have you ever seen? Let me know within the feedback beneath.
In case you are in search of excursions and journeys? Then positively try Viator.
For those who preferred this text, do remark, tweet, or share this publish.
Comply with me on Instagram | Fb | YouTube | Twitter
Do you’ve a query? Or need any options, and ideas for travels, hikes and scuba dives? Use the Subscription field beneath to sign-up and get updates by electronic mail.
For financial savings in your journey insurance coverage, try the Journey Insurance coverage Saver.
PIN for later reference