Kas was by no means on my journey listing. It’s a kind of off beat locations that often is missed from the standard itinerary of Turkey. Whereas researching about Kas, I realised that there are numerous issues to do in Kas and in reality it’s certainly one of prime locations for scuba diving in Turkey.
Being an adventurous feminine traveler, I’m at all times drawn to locations that provide adventures and therefore was instantly drawn in direction of Kas in Turkey. I used to be in Kas for two days and on this submit, I’m itemizing down the highest 10 issues to do in Kas.
PIN for later reference
This text could include affiliate hyperlinks. For full info, please see our affiliate disclaimer right here.
Positioned within the Antalya province in Turkey, Kas is a coastal city with spectacular coast line and mountains. Located on a hill alongside the Turquoise coast, the city is likely one of the most untouched and off beat locations in Turkey.
Do you know that through the Center Ages, Kas was an essential cease on the pilgrimage path to Jerusalem?
Historical past of Kas
Based by Lycians that date again to Bronze Age, the city of Kas was initially often known as Habesos or Habesa in Lycan language. The city was later then named to Antiphellos (or Phellos) derived from a Greek phrase which means stony place. Phellos was the title of the town throughout Kas city.
Finest time to go to Kas
- Summer season season – The very best time to go to Kas is between June and August as it’s summers in Kas and a lot of the actions/ cafes are open for vacationers. As that is the proper time to get pleasure from Kas, be ready to spend greater costs and to see numerous vacationers.
- Spring season – March to Could is the spring season which can be a superb time to journey however be ready for some occasional rain.
- Winter season – The winter season is between December and February and the climate is chilly throughout these months. Additionally, as a result of it is a vacation season, many actions/ cafes are closed. I traveled to Kas in December. Although many actions had been closed, the coastal city was amazingly lovely with only a few individuals.
- Autumn season – September to November just isn’t very nice as it may be very humid on the time.
Notice: Many of the actions are closed throughout winter season.
What number of days are enough for Kas?
I used to be in Kas for about 2 days and I did really feel it was a bit much less of a time to get pleasure from what the city gives. There are a lot of issues to do and see within the city and I counsel spending not less than 3 days within the city.
Forex used and Cash change
Sadly, there are usually not many cash change counters/ suppliers in Kas. The one place the place one can change cash to native foreign money is at PTT (which is the submit workplace). Nevertheless, the city has many ATMs the place you should utilize your debit or bank cards to withdraw Turkish Lira (native foreign money).
- At PTT (submit workplace), they don’t settle for Indian Rupees. The one place the place Indian Rupees is accepted is on the airport. Strive the cash change centres on the airport if you’re carrying solely Indian Rupees.
- Most outlets, eating places and cafes settle for Euros and USDs, so if you’re carrying these cash, then you’ll not have a lot of an issue.
- In case you are utilizing your credit score or debit card, guarantee to examine along with your banks on the conversion prices.
- Consuming water –
- I used to be shocked to see that the locals don’t encourage vacationers to drink the faucet water and I had to purchase consuming water. Notice not that many however there are just a few consuming water retailers within the city centre the place you may refill your water bottle.
- You may as well buy consuming water bottles on the grocery store as it’s economical than shopping for them at eating places or cafes. The costs of water additionally range between supermarkets. One grocery store charged 9 Liras the place as the opposite charged simply 7 Liras.
- Tremendous market – There are a lot of supermarkets across the city centre. You get virtually all the pieces you want at these market, regardless that these supermarkets are usually not very large.
The right way to get to Kas?
Located within the metropolis of Dalaman, the Dalaman airport is the closest airport to Kas. It’s a global (new terminal) and home (previous terminal) airport, that connects Istanbul to Kas. Turkish airways is the perfect for touring between the cities in Turkey.
Dalaman airport to Kas
The gap between Dalaman airport and Kas is round 150 kilometres and by street, the journey takes just a little greater than 2 hours. There are shuttle buses that run between the airport and Kas and the associated fee for one experience is 400 Turkish Lira.
Public transportation to Kas
- Bus – Flixbus supplier runs frequent buses between Istanbul Esenler and Ortaca. Ortaca is round 120 kilometres from Kas and you’ll both take a taxi or a shuttle from Ortaca to Kas.
- Practice – Kaklik is the closest prepare station to Kas, which is round 150 kilometres from Kas city centre. You may take trains operated by Turkish trains from Yenikapi in Istanbul to Kaklik.
Transportation inside Kas
The simplest approach to commute inside Kas is by renting a motor bike. The bikes can be found for 99.99 Turkish Liras per day. All you want is a legitimate worldwide licence to rent a motorbike. There are a lot of retailers across the city centre the place you may rent a motor bike.
Taxis are the costliest approach to commute inside Kas. There are yellow taxis obtainable close to the city centre the place you may hail a taxi.
The shuttle buses, that are shared between different passengers, are one other approach to go round in Kas. These are economical than the taxis and motor bikes. However these have set instances and it’s essential plan upfront to make sure you take the best shuttle to succeed in a vacation spot.
- The principle bus terminal of Kas is situated simply round 400 metres from the city centre.
Lodging at Kas
The most effective lodges to remain at Kas is Medusa resort. The rooms have spectacular views of the Small Pebble seashore on the Mediterranean coast. It’s also conveniently situated at simply round 400 metres from city centre and there’s a tremendous market simply 200 metres from the concierge.
The resort amenities embody a swimming pool overlooking the ocean, 24 hours reception or concierge, free Wi-Fi, automobile parking and baggage storage. There’s additionally free breakfast included, regardless that the breakfast served was not probably the greatest I had in Turkey. The workers at Medusa resort are very pleasant they usually provide help to out with any sorts of queries relating to the resort and the city.
- Notice: There isn’t any raise facility from the second ground to the rooms, however the workers on the resort do provide help to out with the bags.
10 issues to do in Kas
- The costs talked about within the submit are legitimate solely on the time of publication. Guarantee to examine the reserving web sites for updated info and costs.
- Opinions and views expressed solely mine and are unbiased. If the submit is a collaboration, then they’re particularly talked about.
- Guarantee to examine the related web sites for updated info on COVID protocols.
- For visas, it’s best to see the embassy web site for any altering guidelines.
Take the sundown cruise
The most effective issues to do in Kas is to take a sundown cruise. The personal cruise value 1500 Turkish Lira for two hours of experience. There are a lot of boat and cruise suppliers on the wharf close to city centre the place you may stroll up and rent the boat.
- Although the boats can be found all through the day, the perfect time to take the cruise is within the night at round 4:30 PM so you may benefit from the mesmerising sundown.
- The fare for the boat experience is paid in money solely.
Discover the seashores
Kas is legendary for its crystal clear and pristine seashores.The seashores in Kas have totally different shades of blue with white sand. With a backdrop of the mountains, the seashores look much more magical. Many of the seashores, particularly through the winter season, don’t have any individuals and you’ll benefit from the seashore all to your self.
Go to Antiphellos amphitheatre
Constructed within the 1st century B.C, the Antiphellos amphitheatre is an superior place to return in time. The amphitheatre is round 10 minutes stroll from the city centre and one of many free issues to do in Kas.
Store at native markets
The locations across the city centre have many outlets that promote native souvenirs and gadgets. I discovered many outlets that had fairly issues created by the locals. As Turkey is legendary for its ceramic bowls, and plates, don’t forget to buy them to your house.
Kayak within the ocean
Sea kayaking, operated by Sea Kayak Turkey, is likely one of the outdoorsy issues to do in Kas. It’s also an ideal approach to see the ruins of Kekova that’s mendacity underwater. The kayak excursions depart from Kas each day at round 9 am and the tour lasts for about 8 hours.
Relish Turkish meals
Being a meals lover, Turkish delicacies is certainly one of my favorite cuisines. The meals is wealthy of flavours and scrumptious. I particularly loved the kebabs and the dips. Kas has many cafes and eating places the place you may attempt varied meals and relish on the tasty flavours and meat.
- Notice: Although Vegetarians should not have too many choices, there are nonetheless many cafes and eating places that cater for vegetarian meals. There are additionally vegan eating places (certainly one of them is Pisekar) that serve wonderful falafel wraps and salads.
Go tandem paragliding
With nice views of the ocean and city, tandem paragliding in Kas offers the required adrenaline rush for all of the adventurous vacationers. The paragliding occurs from Asas mountain and the tour lasts for about 2 hours, together with the transfers from the lodges. With 20 minutes flight time, the paragliding occurs at about 600 metres above the city. The price for tandem paragliding is 90 Euros per individual and one of many suppliers is Tour Mania.
Scuba diving in Kas
As I discussed earlier, Kas could be very standard for the dive websites. There are a lot of dive websites with historical pots and crockeries, and wrecks. The truth is, Kas is house to a few aircraft wrecks. All these dives are boat dives and Kas has loads of dive centres. The boats depart each morning from the wharf at round 9 am and are again by 1 pm. I did two dives with SubAqua dive centre and the dives had been at Lighthouse and Aircraft wreck dive websites and each of those had been gorgeous and superior.
- For attempt dive, the associated fee is 40 Euros and for leisure dive, the associated fee is 30 Euros. These need to be paid by money solely.
- The visibility is round 15 to twenty metres.
- Through the winter season, be ready for very chilly water.
Go to the lighthouse at city centre
The most effective spots to sit down and watch the coast is on the lighthouse close to the wharf. It’s an previous lighthouse that’s fenced and it overlooks the ocean and the city.
- Be ready for lot of crowd, particularly at sundown.
Get pleasure from Saklikent jeep safari
Kas gives sooner or later tour to Saklikent nationwide park that’s well-known for gorges and Kaputas seashore. The jeep safari, costing 40 to 50 Euros, to the nationwide park is an ideal sooner or later tour from Kas the place you may get pleasure from seeing the longest gorge of Turkey and swim on the most lovely seashore. The nationwide park additionally has canyons and villages that’s open to vacationers.
Bonus: Make native pals
Kas has many cats and canines. The individuals of Kas simply adore these animals and they’re taken excellent care of. I made many furry pals throughout my go to to Kas. So, don’t hesitate to work together with these pretty cuties in the event you love animals.
Security for solo feminine vacationers
Kas is secure for solo feminine vacationers. Although I used to be touring there with a buddy, I walked across the city centre alone on each the times and I used to be fantastic with out too many points or issues.
However I do need to warn you about a number of the guys who attempt to method you. At first, these guys supply to take your photos in your telephone, after which ask in the event you can take their photos as effectively out of your telephone. After taking the images, they insist that you simply ship these photos then and there both via Telegram or WhatsApp. On the finish of the that image change, they ask you out for a espresso or a drive to a panoramic level of their automobile. I politely refused to the man and walked away from the place. This occurred to each my buddy and me at totally different cases and locations. Simply belief your intuition and watch out always.
I liked visiting Kas and I’m glad that I added this beautiful coastal city to my itinerary. I hope I can go to the city in summer time to discover extra of outside and the dive websites. In case you are visiting Turkey and have just a few days to spare, then certainly add Kas to your listing. Belief me you’ll not remorse!
In case you are in search of excursions and journeys? Then undoubtedly try Viator.
Should you preferred this text, do remark, tweet, or share this submit.
Comply with me on Instagram | Fb | YouTube | Twitter
Do you could have a query? Or need any ideas, and ideas for travels, hikes and scuba dives? Use the Subscription field under to sign-up and get updates by e mail.
For financial savings in your journey insurance coverage, try the Journey Insurance coverage Saver.
PIN for later reference