German medical insurance for international trainees In this video clip you discover concerning what to do for obtaining a health and wellness insurance coverage in Germany as an international pupil.

34 Replies to “German medical insurance for international trainees In this …”

  1. If I’m from another country outside of Germany and I want to be online matriculated by the University, can I also apply for health insurance or do I need to live in Germany?

    1. Please contact us by phone so that we can discuss everything else. You can reach us at 0800 – 285 85 85.

  2. I’m coming to study masters in Germany soon for two years, I’m not sure whether the first semester is going to be online or on campus. My visa appointment is on Thursday, so which one is best for me and which plan should I register for?

    1. Please call our colleagues from the relevant department under 040 – 460 66 10 10. You can reach them tomorrow between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. They will clear all details about your studies and the insurance with you.

    1. Good evening, many aspects are necessary for an insurance law examination. We therefore ask you to contact us by phone. Advice is given in English on 0049 40 – 46 06 62 53 00 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thank you for your understanding and the TK social media team wishes you a nice evening.

  3. Hi! I am coming to Germany as a master student. If i am not the German address yet, but i should get TK. How can i fill German address part?

  4. I am filling the application for a student health insurance and during one step they are asking for a registration confirmation. Is the registration confirmation the letter of admission from my University or something else? Please help me

  5. After filling the application online, TK is supposed to send me a one-time password by postal mail. How many days will it take to arrive? I have already waited 2 weeks but no response yet

    1. It only takes a few days. If you have any questions, please give us a call. We would be happy to help you. Just call: 040- 46 06 62 53 00

  6. Hello, i applied to the health insurance, currently living in India, when will i get my student health insurance certificate to submit the university iam running out of time please help me..

    1. Hello Jyothi, if you have any questions, please give us a call. We would be happy to help you. Just call: +49 40- 46 06 62 53 00

    1. It’s important to us that we resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. To do so, however, we need some more information from you.

      We, therefore, ask you to call us (+49 40 460 66 25 00) or use our callback service at Please note that this link is currently only available in German.

  7. Hello
    I received an admission letter frol my university but i need a health insurance to enrol.However i still dont have an address in germany nor a bank account which are required for a health certificate
    Please help me solve this

    1. Hello, in order to clarify your concern, you would have to get in touch with our colleagues. You can best reach them on this telephonenumber 0049 40 460 66 25 00 or please send us an e-mail to [email protected]

  8. hi i am Ali Hassan from Pakistan now i don my admission in Nurnberg Germany and i am in enrollment process i have two Q no 1 is that TK is Public health insurance and is thee any possibility get my insurance now

    1. Hello Ali Hassan.Welcome in Germany. 🙂 Yes, TK is a statutory health insurer. We will be happy to check whether you can insure yourself with us. Please call the English speaking service number 040 – 46 06 62 53 00 from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Our colleagues will be happy to advise you in detail. We wish all the best and good luck with your studies. Greetings from the TK social media team

  9. please is it possible to get a health insurance certificate to apply for a masters program. my school of choice is TU Dortmund but I need a health insurance certificate to apply for the program. if it is possible, please I need assistance on how to apply. thank you

    1. Hi Emmanuella,
      please call us tomorrow at the English phone number +49 40 – 46 06 62 53 00 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.. Then we can send you the certificate.
      Best regards,
      your TK-Social-Media-Team

  10. Hello! I am soon arriving in Germany and I need to provide TK my german address once I arrive. Can I send my address by email?

    1. Hi. We may only accept your new address by e-mail if it is accompanied by an official document. We can make the change alternative by phone. To do this, call us at +4940 – 46 06 62 53 00.

  11. Hi am going to study bachelors in Germany…. While requesting for the enrolment in university they’re asking for a proof of statutory health insurance… So should I register with TK first? Or open a block bank account with German bank and then apply for health insurance?

    1. Hi, you need a proof from the health insurance for the university at first. The bank account is secondary. You can contact us at +49 40 – 46 06 62 53 00. That`s the telephone number for English-speaking customers. Alternatively you can apply for the membership here:
      As soon as we`ve worked on your application form you`ll receive the certificate for the university. Best wishes from your TK-Social-Media-Team

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *