The Division of Justice is having its fortieth annual Lacking Youngsters’s Day Poster contest.
The nationwide contest is open to any fifth grader, and the winner will win a visit to Washington D.C. for themselves, their mother and father/guardian, and their instructor.
We all know Washington has 1000’s of proficient fifth graders, so let’s win this contest!
What’s the contest?
Yearly the Division of Justice hosts the competition to create a chance for faculties, legislation enforcement, and youngster advocates to debate the problem of lacking and exploited kids with youth and their households and to advertise youngster security.
What are the principles?
- Candidates should be in fifth grade.
- The poster should be submitted with a accomplished software, which features a description of the poster and a quick biography of the artist, both typed or written legibly. Mother and father/guardians should fill out the consent and launch kind, which may be downloaded right here.
- Art work ought to mirror the theme “Bringing Our Lacking Youngsters House”. This phrase should seem someplace on the poster.
- The theme could also be depicted within the pupil‛s art work via one, or a mixture of, illustrations (e.g., indicators and symbols, individuals, summary, trade, wildlife) and may be created utilizing media reminiscent of acrylics, watercolor, pencils, charcoal, magic markers, spray paint, crayons, and pastels. Digitally produced pictures, collages, cut-outs, and stamping won’t be eligible for consideration.
- The completed poster should measure 8½ x 14 inches.
How do I submit a poster?
- Posters can’t be submitted digitally/electronically and should be on 8½ x 14 inch paper.
- Posters, accomplished purposes, and signed consent and launch varieties may be mailed to:
WSP – MUPU
PO BOX 42634
Olympia, WA 98504
- The poster should be mailed and postmarked by February 15, 2023.
What occurs after I submit my poster?
As soon as we obtain your poster, the Washington State Patrol Lacking and Unidentified Individuals Unit will choose the highest poster and submit it to the Division of Justice on behalf of the fifth grader. The Division of Justice will choose and notify the winner in April 2023.
The winner’s poster will probably be offered because the nationwide image for the forty first Annual Lacking Youngsters’s Day Ceremony and related actions.
What can I win?
If chosen by the Division of Justice, journey preparations will probably be made for the winner, their mother and father/guardians, and their instructor to Washington D.C.for the fortieth Annual Nationwide Lacking Youngsters’s Day ceremony on Wednesday, Could twenty fourth, 2023.
As well as, the Washington State Patrol Lacking and Unidentified Individuals Unit will choose three winners who will win prizes.
Full contest guidelines should be adopted in any respect ranges of the competitors. Incomplete packages and incorrectly sized posters won’t be eligible for judging.
Art work will probably be judged on:
- Reflection of the competition theme
- Originality in design
Written purposes will probably be judged on:
- Comprehension of the theme
- Grammar and syntax acceptable to the fifth-grade degree
Who do I contact if I’ve questions?
When you’ve got any considerations or questions, please contact Gabrielle Anderson at [email protected] or 360-704-2966.